Who do I call to report a chemical spill?

If you experience or witness a chemical spill, please call the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment at their 24 Hour Toll Free Line 1-877-518-5608. In case of a serious emergency please call 911.

Who do I call to report pollution in the creek in my neighborhood?

In the event that you witness the polluting of a creek, you should call the Southeast Metro Stormwater Authority’s (SEMSWA) Stormwater Specialist at (303) 858-8844. In fact, SEMSWA may be contacted to report any pollution relating to stormwater. SEMSWA will investigate the complaint and follow-up with any necessary actions. You should call 911 if the polluting seems hazardous or in any way poses an immediate danger, such as a fuel spill in a drainage way.

How can our neighborhood get more street lights?

The City of Centennial contracts with Xcel Energy and Intermountain Rural Electric Association (IREA) for street light services. Requests can be made for street light installations on public right of ways provided the requester and the City are able and willing to fund the work.

In all cases, requests should be sent to Centennial Public Works to review and facilitate the process. This can be done by submitting an online request or by calling the City of Centennial's Citizen’s Response Center at (303) 325-8000.

Who do I call to replace a burned out or broken street light?

For streetlight outages or repairs, you will need to contact your energy provider at Xcel Energy or IREA depending on where you live or the location of the street light. 

  • To contact Xcel Energy you may call 1-800-960-6235 (available 24 hours a day) or visit Xcel Energy and fill out a request form.
  • To contact IREA you may call (303) 688-3100 during regular business hours or (303) 688-0650 for after hours or visit IREA.

Who do I call to report a broken traffic signal?

To report a broken traffic signal, light or any other signal problem, please submit an online request or call the City’s Citizen Response Center at (303) 325-8000. 

Who do I call to report a missing stop sign?

To report a missing stop sign, please call the City’s Citizen Response Center at (303) 325-8000.

Who do I call to request a stop sign/signal or other traffic calming changes in my neighborhood?

In an effort to create solutions for responding to neighborhood traffic mitigation requests, the City has adopted a comprehensive Neighborhood Traffic Management Program (NTMP).

The program's primary objectives are to: improve traffic safety on neighborhood streets by reducing speeding and cut-through traffic; foster pedestrian safety; efficiently allocate the use of public resources; and encourage citizen involvement in solutions to neighborhood traffic problems.

Learn more about the Neighborhood Traffic Management Program’s application process. 

Who do I call to trim trees growing into power lines?

The City of Centennial Department of Public Works does not address tree trimming, limb removal or other obstructions within the power lines. If you have trees growing into power lines, you will need to contact either Xcel Energy at 1-800-960-6235 (available 24 hours a day) or Intermountain Rural Electric Association (IREA) at (303) 688-3100 during regular business hours or (303) 688-0650 for after hours depending on where you live.

However, the City of Centennial Public Works Department will address fallen limbs, branches, tree trunks and or blown over tree debris that encroaches upon or presents a hazard on City streets and other public property. Citizens can report these issues and concerns to the City’s Citizen Response Center at (303) 325-8000.

Quick Contact Info:

City of Centennial
13133 East Arapahoe Road
Centennial, CO  80112

(303) 325-8000 - 24-Hour Citizen Response Center
(720) 488-0933 - Fax Number



ADA Notice

Contact Us

City of Centennial
Powered by Real Time Solutions - Website Design & Document Management